Friday 1 March 2013

Deciding on the best method to filming my video

Today I tried out a steadicam, wheeled tripod and monopod, to see which would be easier to produce the smoothest image for the walking shots in my music video.

 

The steadicam was very difficult to keep at the same level constantly, and with the risk of it being slightly unstable the image it captured would have been affected.



The wheeled tripod was good in the sense that I didn't have to worry about maintaining holding the camera at the same level, but wasn't good when the floor had any lumps or grooves, as it made the footage shaky.



The monopod was the most effective, and the footage seemed to be clear and steady. As I will be walking backwards in front of the singer lipsyncing, I will have to make sure I can walk safely without bumping in to anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment